• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S1C Project, Reported to be Curtiss Pitts Build, in Lake George NY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n7472h

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at Barnstormers once in a Blue Moon - was surprised to see this felt some attention should be drawn to it.

https://www.barnstormers.com/ad_detail.php?id=1788617
PITTS S-1 • $15,000 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE • Pitt S-1. Wings and engine off for storage. Originally built by Curtis Pitts. Contact for info • Contact Bobby Zaloski - ADIRONDACK AEROSPORTS , - located Lake George, NY 06755 United States • Telephone: 2039944686 • Posted December 28, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this AdvertiserRecommend This Ad to a FriendEmail AdvertiserSave to WatchlistReport This AdView Larger Images

FAA Reg. page: Aircraft Inquiry

Aircraft Description
Serial Number12PCertificate Issue Date03/12/1997
Manufacturer NameSPENCERMode S Code (base 8 / oct)50124450
ModelPITTS SPECIAL S-1Mode S Code (base 16 / hex)A0A928
Year Manufacturer1967Cancel Date12/17/2004
Reason For CancellationDestroyedExport ToNone
Type RegistrationIndividual
Aircraft Registration Prior to Deregistration
NameSECKENDORF JEFFREY
StreetPO BOX 200
CitySARATOGA SPRINGS
StateNEW YORKZip Code12866-0200
CountryUNITED STATES
Deregistered Airworthiness
Engine ManufacturerLYCOMINGClassificationExperimental
Engine Model0-320 SERIESCategory
A/W DateException CodeNo
Deregistered Other Owner Names
None
Deregistered Aircraft 2 of 2
Aircraft Description
Serial Number2080Certificate Issue DateNone
Manufacturer NameSTANDARDMode S Code (base 8 / oct)50124450
ModelJ-1Mode S Code (base 16 / hex)A0A928
Year ManufacturerNoneCancel Date03/25/1928
Reason For CancellationCancelledExport ToNone
Type RegistrationIndividual
Aircraft Registration Prior to Deregistration
NameRAYMOND D ELLIS
Street3445 5TH AVE SO
CityMINNEAPOLIS
StateMINNESOTAZip Code56701
CountryUNITED STATES

A web search showed it was in IAC Competition in 1994: IAC Contest Results

(Sportsman, Maytown PA 1994)
4. Hilton Tallman/ Pitts S1C/N1413 2231.7397 82.32
Saratoga Springs,NY

It would seem if it is one the O-320 Homestead S1C's it should be of interest. 1967 fits but the builder is listed as Spencer. Assume the seller has background to state it is a Homestead build.

I had the opportunity to buy an O-320 Homestead S1C in the mid-90's (New Jersey based) and I've been kicking myself ever since for not going through with it - the owner was rather unpleasant so I just walked away.

Lake George is an easy day trip for me if anyone wants me look over it for them.

Latest posts

Back