• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

pitts s1c to extra 230

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanrene

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am currently flying a pitts s1c and learning a lot as a newbie. I always said that I'd buy an extra 230 if one came up and now it has. I see that a few here have flown the 230. My impression is that the balance and handling of the extra 230 is something special and that is what is driving the potential purchase. I expect to only progress through intermediate so absolute performance is not the goal. It is more the "sweetness" of a wonderfully balanced plane. Is this something to pursue or stay in the biplane realm (I realize this is the Biplane forum)? I really enjoy the challenge of the little pitts and am in no way exploiting 1/2 of its potential but extra 230's don't pop up every day. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back