• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S1S engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyingpom

Reaction score
Hi all. I am currently looking at 2 Pitts S1S's one has a Lycoming IO360-B4A with a recent Top end overhaul and combined with a sensenich 76-EM8-0-56 prop and the other has a Lycoming AEIO360-A4A with a Composites carbon fibre 76 prop.

Now I am trying to work out how important it is to have the aerobatic Lycoming engine (AEIO) vs the one with the standard IO crank. I've read a few articles about potential crank shaft issues but am yet to find source good reading as to how important this is. I am looking to use the Pitts for competition up to and including advanced category. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Latest posts

Back