• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S1S Rear mounted Govenor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitamin G

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm building a highly modified S1S and am putting a whirlwind 200C prop and govenor. My issue is the space between the case and the firewall. The govenor that whirlwind offers is the shortest that I know of (5 inches). I have 3.25 inches. I'm looking for options. If I cut a hole in the firewall I will have to shorten the fuel tank and how would i get a controll cable to it.Aside to changing the case, that's the only thing I can think of to resolve my dilema. I'm looking to see if any of you have any better ideas or help explain to me how i should proceed before I start cutting a hole in the firewall.

Thanks!
Blake

Latest posts

Back