• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S1X Sunbird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanTerzian

Reaction score
Sunbird is listed for sale on Barnstormers under Pitts heading. I love the performance but the plane is not a good fit for me. I no longer have ready access to a mechanic familiar with a Pitts and I am not very good at (and don't enjoy) doing it myself. Consequently, I find it quite frustrating.

Briefly, it is a beefed up S1 with an IO540 and MT 3 bladed prop + lightspeed ignition and other stuff aimed at keeping it light and improving performance. It is the plane used by Spencer Suderman to set the current inverted spin record.

I have $70k invested but want to sell it and don't expect to get it out. Anyone who is sincerely interested with a reasonable offer will own it. You can call me at 530-227-1441 or email [email protected] to discuss.

The plane and I are currently located @ KPSP. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to change location from San Luis Obispo in my personal info. Cheers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back