• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S2 for export

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1399

Registered Users
Reaction score

Hi folks,

Going on the advice I have had, I am looking for a two place Pitts (A or B model) that is freshly overhauled and reasonably low time, preferrably either an A with new fabric, or a reasonably new B. I am looking at one particular S2B at the moment, currently for sale by a company called Raptor Aviation in Arizona, registration N12CK, 353 TTAF&E, 1990 model. Does anyone happen to know of this aircraft, it looks very tidy, but am a bit curious about the lack of time on engine, corrosion? Asking price is just US$70K.

Also looking at a 1992 B, N33IJR, 1180TTAF and 120 on the engine since new. This one isat US$90K.
What is the market like for A's and B's, just trying to get a feel for what sort of money these aeroplanes are fetching as there appears to be alot of inconsistancy, optimistic sellers? Or maybe just sellers trying to hide something...?

regards,

Andy

Latest posts

Back