• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts vs Christen Eagle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Ok guys, give me a little input here. We about have our Pitts S-2C sold so I am looking for a cheaper plane to own by myself. First I don't do any competitions, just fly for fun and take people for rides. I am looking at S-2B's or possibly a Christen Eagle. I found a beautiful late model eagle with a pumped up 360 (230 hp) and 3 blade M/T. I love the looks and it is a really new airplane.

I am looking for input from someone that has flown S-2B's and Eagles. What are the flight differences between the 2? I am not sure if I will be upset going back to a 4 cylinder? I weight 240 with a chute and my buddies are the same or some bigger.

I have also been talking to people about the CG being aft with 2 big guys. I love doing spins with my buddies. Some say it will not recover and some say it is just fine. I even called Gene Beggs and he said it will recover just like a Pitts. Other knowelegable people say don't do it?

Input greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back