• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts W&B?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I bough this Pitts S-1E a year ago as a "spur of the moment" purchase because, well, I always wanted a Pitts. It had been sitting for 30 years with little use and my goal is to get it airborne again. It has no paperwork so it will need a new W&B and Airworthiness Cert. Unfortunately it's been sitting in my hangar for the last year because I'm busy building a different kitplane. But, I'd like to start getting this Pitts ready for next summer.

My question is in what paperwork do I find the CG envelope? Do I need to buy a new set of plans? Is there a Pitts manual that has the proper CG envelope chart in it that I can buy? Does someone have a CG chart they can just send?

This airplane has a 200hp Lycoming (AIO-360 A1B) and a constant speed prop so I'm sure the CG is going to be well forward. I need to verify it's still in the envelope!

Any help is mucho appreciated!

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_6741.JPG
    IMG_6741.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 104

Latest posts

Back