• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Plumb In the Top Tank With Solenoid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i have about 75 hours on 2AP since the rebuild. During the rebuild i plumbed the main tank and the inverted sump but left the top tank capped off. My thought was less maintenance and i would ever be going that far anyways. Now i am wishing for the extra fuel during cross countries. During the conditional inspection this winter i plan on plumbing the top tank in per the plans (attached). One idea i am kicking around is replacing the 104-HD Valve with an electric solenoid. This is appealing due to the ease of install and i have an available switch on the panel prewired and ready to go. I went ahead and purchased an automotive 1/4" NPT 1/4" Orifice solenoid but after receiving it I realize how heavy it is and I can't stand to install that in an airplane. Aircraft spruce does sell a 1/8" orifice Parker unit designed for a primer application. I am wondering if this size orifice would allow adequate flow into the main tank.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/elsolprimer.php?clickkey=5006
I am also replacing the spiral action gauge with a MGL Capacitive sender wired to the EMS. Here's the adaptor i will be using if anyone is interested.

https://fueltankparts.com/collectio.../copy-of-5-bolt-sending-unit-to-2-npt-adapter

Attachments

• SA-300 Fuel System.png
    SA-300 Fuel System.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back