• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Possible new owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpin

Reaction score
I am presently a Decathlon owner that fortunately or unfortunately has a biplane bug. My Decathlon is simple, economical, versitile, comfortable, easy to land,and does all the acro I am interested in but, I keep gravetating toward a biplane. I flew an absolutely perfect Acroduster located in Utah but had a problem with the comfort level. Iam 5'9" 176 lbs and do not think I could have entered the aircraft with a chute. Reciently I started to lookfor Stardusters and flew one in CT. Is was not what I would call a good flying aircraft and I believe not a good representation of the breed.My Decathlon, not known for light quick controls was a Pitts compared to the Starduster I flew. In the process I have discovered the airfoilis typically and M6 and not symetrical. I am told the skybolt does sport a symetrical airfoil and designed more for arco than the Starduster. I am now looking for a Skybolt. My goal is to find something fairly comfortable to be in, capable of intermediate category acro, with a general condition (Paint, fabric, engine, etc) of 8.5 to 9, and fun to fly. Any suggestions regarding what to look for, what to watch out for, design changes I might want to be aware of, and any names of Skybolt "gurus" would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Latest posts

Back