• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Primer lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am using an electric primer - turn on electric pump, push intermittent contact switch on panel for 2-3 seconds which opens the primer valve and lets fuel through, then start up. This electric primer (one way valve) has 1/8" npt ports. I am trying to get from this unit through the firewall and to the cylinders.
My plan was to use an AN822-2D 90 degree elbow fitting which is 1/8" npt to 1/8" tube out of the primer unit then to an AN804-2D bulkhead tee through the firewall then one line each to two cylinders.
These fittings are listed in Aircraft Spruce's catalog but not on their website. I just emailed them to find out why?
In the meantime I thought I would check to see if there is a better way to do this and what better place to ask than here :)
Also, which two cylinders should I be priming - - 0-320 engine - - I am assuming two are enough ?
Thank you,

p.s. another question - I assume using an 1/8" line from the firewall to the cylinders is large enough but, is using an 1/8" line to supply both of them large enough? Or, do I just hold down the push button a little longer.

OK, another p.s. Just heard back from Aircraft Spruce (that was quick) anyway, they do not sell the -2D parts anymore as they are unavailable from their supplier. They do have one surplus AN834 bulkhead fitting left that I can special order if I call but no AN822's. Getting one of these fittings does me no good as I need both so I guess all my above questions still apply, especially, how do you guys do primer lines etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back