• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Problems spraying Polybrush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vilhelm

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have finished covering my Acrosport ( Polyfiber System ) and have begun spraying it. All went well spraying the polybrush, except the area on the fuselage turtledeck. (I have a plywood turtledeck ) Here I have lots of small blisters. I guess it is what the Polyfiber-manual calls pinholes. I have tried the advice in the manual, rubbing the pinholes with a soft cloth and a little reducer and then respray with a little blush retarder added. It did not help anything. Still lots of ugly small blisters. So what do I do now? Should I just proceed with the silver polyspray ( which is sandable) or does other methods exist? Has some of you used the Polyfiber-system and had similar problems? Any advice will be most welcome.

I know the reason for these pinholes is that the weave over the plywood has not been completely filled with the first brushed- on coat of Polybrush. Unfortunately it is too late to do anything about that I think.

Edited by: Vilhelm

Latest posts

Back