• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Purchased Pitts ID

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Hauf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All,
Hello. I'm new here and to posting also..
I purchased a Pitts Special that has been stored for the last 23 years. The ID plate says it's an S1-S, S/N JM-1, N2JD, dated 1973. 4 ailerons, unsure if flat wing or not. It has the stretched fuselage.
After uncovering the lower wing and looking at S1-C / S1-SS plans, I discover the aileron bellcranks are located on the front spar, not the aft as on the blueprints.
Needless to say, they would be entering the fuselage in a different area.
Any idea what wings they are? Plans built?
Any history on the aircraft would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back