• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Radio noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey

Reaction score

My intercom as well as side tone from my radio transmissions has always been crystal clear. However, my reception of other's transmissions is very scratchy i.e. a lot of noise. I am told that my transmissions are very hard to read also (some of that may be attributable to open cockpit mic, but I do have good mic muff). I DO NOT have any of the various noise filters that I see advertised in Spruce catalog. Do you? What kind? Do you think this is the problem or would it help? I used shielded wire to the mags, fwiw. thanks for any ideas/suggestions

<removed funky text formatting.beej

Latest posts

Back