• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Rear Gear / Frnt Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmadden925

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all I'm ready to mount the landing gear to my Skybolt and have found an issue with the rear gear/front wing mounting brackets. The two brackets have to be parallel to the fuselage for the gear to hinge properly.

If the wing is mounted at 1.5 degrees positive to the center line of the fuselage then the wing mount must be at a slight angle to accommodate a spar that would NOT be perpendicular to the fuselage to hold the correct wing incidence. The same goes for the rear spar mount.

Having said this, how can you mount a wing to a fuselage at 1.5 degrees when the spars are perpendicular to the cord line of the wing and drill the holes in the mounts when the holes are already drilled in the spars? (and keep the gear bolts parallel too)

There's a lot going on here, this is why I have stopped to scratch my head and draw it full scale to see what's really happening.

By the way, first post for us, this is a father son Skybolt build in progress for the past 8 months, been on the forums a lot and many of our questions have already been answered. Truly a great resource.

Latest posts

Back