• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Removing and reinstalling S-1C wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamSwift

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I apologize if I overlooked a previous post, but I searched and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Here's what I'm doing and I could use your help to determine the order of operations.

I have a Reno-racer setup on a S-1D (configured as S-1C, top ailerons are blocked off and slave struts removed) and need to disassemble and trailer the airplane in September to the races.

I'm just not sure where to start. Obviously, I need to remove all the fairings, but then what? Also, I'm assuming I remove the lower wing panels first (as opposed to the top wing).

Do I start with supporting the lower wing panels from beneath, and start loosening flying wires? Or, start disconnecting the outboard I-struts? Sorry for the confusion. From a previous owner that has removed/reinstalled the wings before, I do also have the washer-stack for each position on the I-struts, so hopefully that should help.

I do have the Doug Sowder EAA/IAC report on basic rigging, but this plane is already rigged nicely. I just want to [hopefully] barely loosen the flying/landing wires, pull the clevis pins and reinstall it at Reno.

Thoughts?

Sam Swift

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

Latest posts

Back