• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Rough times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopher

Reaction score
Hello everyone...
Since I posted last, My shop was broken into again. The new welders, floor jack, new and used tools and some collectibles were stolen. My Father passed away from Alzheimer's. I had 30+ precancerous lesions removed from my arms and hand and a dozen or so from my neck. These were most likely from welding. I am still healing. My brother had surgery two days before my procedure.

I had been helping extensively with Dad and even with help from Hospice these last two months it has been exhausting - emotionally and physically. He was bed ridden and it was a 24 hour a day job for Mom and I. I am totally worn out...

It took me years to recover from the last break in and will likely take years again. It may take as long for me to accustom to Dad being gone.

Dad was buried with military honors. For those that don't know, Dad was an engineer that worked with NASA and the Military and Civilian Aviation. If you used an ejection seat, or fired a rocket, Dad may have been part of it's design.

As for my Super Baby Lakes, nothing seems to be gone or damaged. The logs for the Engine and the Plans are intact, so all is not lost. I have no tools though. Being on Disability makes getting them a long term project. I may not get my biplane done while I am still able to fly it as I am in my 50's but at least I can still try. The worst part is I won't be able to show it to my Dad...
Thanks for letting me bend your ear...
Best Wishes
Christopher

Latest posts

Back