• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Rudder gap seal tight= significant yaw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my eagle developed a yaw tendency in straight and level, let off the pedals and the ball pegs with significant left yaw.

It is a newer aircraft and everything appears very tight and well rigged.

In other aircraft that I have spent time in with a heavy rudder, the heavy leg would get tired and soar. This one is not the case, doesn't take much too keep the ball centered, it's only if I let off all together that it yaws.

In the hanger: Standing at the rear of the aircraft if I push the rudder left it moves very easy, when I push the rudder right, the rubber gap seal seems to have a lot of traction, I feel that this could be the cause. It's torn down for CI right now or I would just wax the interface and go test.

Anyone ever see this kind of thing?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back