• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Rudder issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings,
I've got a slight trim issue with my S-1C. After roughly 25 hours on a new restoration, it recently became necessary to use quite a bit of right rudder (roughly 1 inch pedal depression) to keep the ball centered when the throttle is anywhere but idle. Stock 0-320. Wings stay level and no excessive vibration noted. This was not the case for the first 25 hours, and happened after a particularly vigorous session (of flying). Aside from anything being bent or broken- which doesn't seem to be the case- I'm wondering basically if the motor on this design should be shimmed one way or the other, or if a permanent tab on the rudder would be an acceptable solution based on what other folks have experienced. Advice for hammer-heading to the right also appreciated.
Thanks in advance and
Be Safe-
Eric

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back