• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Rudder trim tab

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4trade

Reaction score
What size is trim tab usually for Pitts rudder?
If i start to build Raven (i am very close to final decision) it start in tail and i need trim tab (bad right leg) for cruising speed that keep my right foot unstressed. I need to build mountings for that inside of a rudder and here comes a question: Have anybody of you try some kind of wedge for trim tab?
I really like smooth and beautiful lines and those trim tabs that come outside of a rudder line hurt my eyes. It is not very difficult to build that inside of a rudder like elevator, but it add weight and complexity. I think if i just put some light mount inside of a rudder and rivet small wedge type light aluminum trim when fabric and paint is done.
Other question: Is it more practical if i twist that rudder or vertical stab little bit? How much? Does that twist add some kind of bad side effect for flying characteristic?
I am open for all kind of ideas, so please give something to think for me!

Latest posts

Back