• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

S-2 Prototype drawings found

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PittsBird ZB

Registered Users
Reaction score
Well, I hope to be able to tell more of this story in the near future, but for now, here's what's in the works:

I came in contact with a gentleman who had a family member who worked with Curtis in the 60s. We traded several e-messages and he gave me some pics to share.

During this exchange, he relayed that he has the plans for the original S-2. I then traded some notes and calls with Budd Davisson, who agreed that these do appear to be the working drawings for N22Q, the prototype S-2 that now sits in the EAA museum.

The gentleman with the plans expressed interest in preserving the documents in a museum. I am acquaintances with the EAA museum curator, Zach Baughman, so my next email was to him, and I looped in Mike Heuer, current IAC president.

So, we are in the process of facilitating the possible donation of the documents to the museum, who plans to preserve and display them with the airplane (some displayed, some preserved in the archive). I think this would be fantastic, and am happy to help make it happen.

Jason

Here's a sample of pics:

img_7924-7091.png

img_7938-7093.png

img_7940-7092.png

img_7937-7094.png

img_7965-7095.png

img_7942-7096.png

Latest posts

Back