• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

S1-11X Project Gets a New Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyJ

Reaction score
OK, so this happened earlier this week:

s1-11x_side.jpg

s1-11x_top.jpg

s1-11x_engine.jpg

Here's the short story:

1) IO-540-G (angle valve), AEIO mods, RSA-10 servo, Raven cold air and exhaust, MT MTV-9 prop, all components FWF complete.
2) Carbon fiber cowl, carbon fiber turtle deck
3) Gear, brakes, tailwheel, all controls, all instruments (need to be installed).
4) Canopy needs to have a little finish, some minor work to wings, instrument panel, and wiring.
5) Cover and paint.

This is the second S1-11 the owner built. He's just getting to the point he wants to change direction in life and decided to bail.

So I guess now I know what I'm doing this summer. Now I just need some good advice about covering this beast. Double-cover, or just single and lots of stitching? I know this isn't the same as covering my Skybolt. Any input is welcome.

And I said I was going to stop building and just fly... right.

Latest posts

Back