• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

S2-A Landing Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeroz_z

Reaction score
Using the [Search] function on this forum without any luck on finding the information that I require.

A friend is looking to re-build a damaged 1976 Pitts S2-A that he acquired a few years ago, and the first task is to replaced the damaged undercarriage.
We believe that the original undercarriage was of the "short" type. Question is, can you fit the "long" undercarriage to a model that originally had the "short" undercarriage fitted? (I believe that the fuselage maybe also of been different?)

Second question is advice on purchasing the required landing gear.
I sent the S/N to Aviat and they replied with a quote,(not stating whether long or short.) which is fine.
Anyone aware of a more cost effective way of getting new undercarriage for the Pitts? or someone who may be selling these items?

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back