• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

S2 transition instruction in Atlanta metro area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jboatri

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I recently purchased an S1-C that was rebuilt by a friend. Here is a link to a youtube video of the restorer flying it:

http://youtu.be/pQBHNy7M1dc?list=UUSToJirZgmDJ6HKusAkowDQ

At the time I was pondering the purchase, I'd thought there were a couple of Pitts S2 planes and instructors in the Atlanta area. Turns out both planes are unavailable (one is being re-covered, and the other, I think, was just sold).

In any event, my skills are nowhere near what's needed to safely operate this plane and so I am still hunting instruction in an S2. Does anyone on the list know of an instructor with S2 in the Atlanta area (say, within an hour's drive)? Silver Ace Aviation is the one with the Pitts down for recover.

If I have to end up traveling for the instruction, I may as well go all the way and get time with Bud Davisson or Steve Wolf or someone of that caliber. That's not out of the question, but I'd have to start saving my pennies now and setting time aside. In the meantime, my new toy is just sitting.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Latest posts

Back