• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Scratch-built Super Cat (WARNING: Monoplane... not for the faint of heart)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score
It was Saturday and I was out flying... in one of those spam-can 172 rentals. It was a beautiful day... I could see Atlantic City 40 miles to the east and Philadelphia 30 miles to the west... clear as clear could be.

It was EAA Chapter 216's 50th anniversary this weekend. (They had a dinner on Friday night and pancake breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday.) A lot of spam-can's, a few tail-wheel types, a Great Lakes (that flew off before I had a chance to walk over and look at it), an RV and something that caught my eye off by itself... parked in the grass. Looked like a scaled-down AgCat to me. Got closer and saw it was a Bobcat, Super Cat. Pretty little thing. Beautiful work... a lot of attention to detail. Thought it was a kit until I read the "Introduction" that was attached to the prop. Turns out it was scratch built and has won several awards at various fly-ins.

Nice to see another scratch-built out there flying around...

supercat.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back