• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Seabee For Sale, I know it's not a bipe, but tell your friends!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS1C

Reaction score
Hi, DaveS1C here. I know it's not a biplane, but I need to sell it! Looking for some help getting it out of the hanger I just bought (with the plane).

Republic Aircraft RC-3 Seabee:
The plane last flew in 1970, it’s been in a hangar since. I have all the log books from new. Right now it’s registered experimental, issued 1966 when engine changed from Franklin 200 HP to Continental IO-470-P 250HP. Engine 0 timed in 2013, and pickled for installation, and comes w/constant speed prop. Instrument Panel refreshed. This plane was as in restoration when I purchased the hangar w/plane. I also have many, many more Seabee parts; If you need a RC-3 part give me a call, I should have what you need. First 40,000.00 (or best offer) takes aircraft, with the zero time IO-470-P & constant speed prop. Dave Germann (586) 549-8211. Also have IO-470-P disassembled in a crate looking for 6,000 or best offer, that also comes with a constant speed prop, not sure yet if log books are there for the second engine.
I'm a motivated seller, if you're looking for a good, sea plane, you could have found yourself a real bargain... make me an offer!!!! Total time on the airframe is under 600 hours. Never been in saltwater.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back