• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Silly Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Ok I am trying to push ahead to start to load up on the necessary raw materials to completean in progress purchse on a S1-D. Some ofpieces seem reasonably priced, others are right out there. Rarely do they seem unexpectedly cheap.

But one part that really gets to me is AN366F-xxxx. These arenylon nuts with wings for riveting. Aircraft Spruce sells the -1032 for 3.40 cents. The Pitts S1 calls for 34 of them on firewall alone. They are sprinkled like popcorn on the sheet metal. I am guessing almost a 100 of them in all. This is about 300 for small nuts that cost a few cents a piece at the hardware store without rivit ears.

Is there a better place to buy these? My search online wants you to send a request for pricing. That doesnt seem to bold well for any "competitive" pricing. I realize this isnt a poor man's game but 3 to 4 for one small nut seems to be a little excessive, even for a plane.

thanks,
gjg

Latest posts

Back