• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Skybolt for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n51hj

Reaction score
With the announcement of my employer's bankruptcy, I have decided that I need to trim back the fleet. The Skybolt probably gets the least useage of all of them so, with a heavy heart, I have decided to put it up for sale.
It was finished in '97, won an Outstanding Construction award at Oshkosh in '98, and a Steen Aero Lab Designer's Award from Hale in '99.

It currently has 232 TTAF and engineon an IO-540C4B5 with a McCauley fixed-pitch 8069. VFR instrumentation with a com, transponder and encoder, PS intercom, and Hooker ratchet harnesses. It's got long landing gear, a Scott 3200,and finished in dope and laquer on the sheet-metal and has a Steen-style two-place canopy.

It's been hangared it's whole life but the cosmetics are not perfect. Fresh bungee cords and annual in September.

I'd entertain including delivery and a checkout for expenses.

I'm still trying to decide what it's worth....

You can email me for more pics and info.

Steve Jones
N727GS
727GS at db3broadband.com
20111202_154622_skybolt.jpg

Latest posts

Back