• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Skybolt Fuselage Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently registered and long time reader and researcher on this forum. So I am gonna jump in head first and introduce myself with a question. I have finally settled on the Skybolt as my first build. As a young A&P/IA I do not have the money to just go buy a plane so why not build one as I can afford it! I have come across a project on barnstormers for a fuselage that has been welded by a college professor several years ago. It has sat in a hangar for a decade and has some surface rust. From the looks of the pictures it has yet to be painted. Could this rust be polished out? I do not want to waste my money on a bad egg. Thoughts? I see surface rust and some potential in this project. Just a lot of work to get it painted.

1461385654218.jpg

1461385789481.jpg

Latest posts

Back