• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Skybolt Purchase Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crank73

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been looking for a biplane for the last 2 months or so. I have had my sights set on a Starduster Too, located at my local airport. Unfortunately that Starduster is no longer for sale, but I did hesitate buying it because it did not have certain creature comforts that I would like to have.
I understand that the Skybolt is not a Pitts, but I am looking for an aircraft that would primarily be used to perform moderate aerobatics, and airplane that can be thrown around from time to time. I would also like this aircraft to have heat (Cold winter up here in Canada). Lights for night VFR would be bonus, but not a show stopper.
The reason I am posting is because I have come across a Skybolt on Barnstormers. It was posted on 31 August and is located in Longmont Colorado for 52000.
I have read a couple of post in here saying that the plans changed in 93. This one was completed in 87.
I feel that this particular aircraft would meet my needs but would like to seek any advice wrt things I should be looking for prior to pulling the trigger as well as politely ask if this is a fair price.
Are there any builders in here that live relatively close to Longmont that may be interested in a pre buy?
I would appreciate any help or guidance.

Latest posts

Back