• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Slow progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooter_too

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get much done on the Little Toot this summer. Just a few little things:

Sealed up some pinhole leaks, added vent fittings and a level sender on the fuel tank.

20090923_113144_fueltank.jpg

A whole new panel and floorboard (will post pics later).

Almost done adding the electrical system, including new starter, alternator, battery, etc. I discovered that the existing cowl won't fit with a flywheel installed. Looked at modifying the cowl, but I think the best bet will be to go with Tommy's composite cowl.

Also added a four-point harness.

Major things left to do:
Fix upper left wing (cracked rear spar).
Replace wrinkled sheet metal behind seat (turtle deck).
Replace ugly homemade exhaust with custom 4-into-1?
New prop (possibly a wood 72x52 Sterba).
And, of course, all new paint.

I estimate a good 6-8 months yet to go before she flies. Currently, most of my time and money are going into a hangar project.

Latest posts

Back