• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Smoke tank options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbiker

Reaction score
One of the things I'd like to do as I rebuild my S1, is to remove the wing tank from the top wing. I don't like the thermos cap sticking up in the wind and all the plumbing for the smoke system running down the rear cabanes. I really like the idea of ripping it all out to lose a little weight and a bit of drag.

None of this is a big problem, except I really want to keep a smoke system installed. I'm looking for ideas on other places to put a smoke tank. So far the only other decent place I can see is between my feet under the fuel tank.

Smoking Airplanes has a plastic tank that will mount down there, but I believe it is only three gallons. I was doing good to make 4 gallons last much more than 6 minutes unless I cranked it way down.

I could probably figure out a custom shape that would fit and hold at least 4 gallons, maybe a little more. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm still a ways out from tearing into the top wing, so I have some time to figure out a plan.

Thanks,
Ian

Latest posts

Back