• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Stall Characteristics Acrosport 11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertsailor

Reaction score
Looking for some feedback from ACS2 owners on stall characteristics of their particular aircraft.

I purchased mine a few months ago and have been working on it more than flying it but I'm finally at a point where I'm beginning to fly it a bit.

My particular aircraft is the ultimate ***** cat on stalls, it makes something like a Citabria or a Cessna 150 look like a mean machine.

During a power off stall if you bring the stick back slowly until its pinned the aircraft will not break it will just mush in a wings level attitude.

With power on stall its not much different, much higher angle of attack of course and a little break but it really wants to mush and no desire to drop a wing.

Finally with power on and more aggressive on the back stick and a very high angle of attack it stalls with a mild break, again no tendency to drop a wing. When you stall it in a steep turn it gently rolls to level flight, yawn!

Over the years I have flown almost 80 different aircraft and this is bar none the most gentle of the batch and I'm not sure exactly why.

I flew a buddies early Pitts with the flat wing years ago, think it was the same M-6 airfoil as the ACS2 and it was no where near the same. It had a real stall and a normal break but I do remember that before I flew it I was looking over the weight and balance and with my weight I was actually ever so slightly past the aft CofG. The ACS2 on the other hand is really nose heavy so maybe that has something to do with it.

I have been evaluating it just recently in aerobatics and its been a delight, no bad habits and very docile. I have done loops,rolls,hammerheads and spins both ways but I have not snapped it yet and I suspect it is going to be a job to get a decent snap. Have any of you snapped yours and what were the results?

Latest posts

Back