• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Stall Speeds and How to put it Down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inverted

Reaction score
Hello All!
New to this forum. Great place, wonderfull wealth of information.
Just acquired a Bolt, 915HW if anybody's heard of it. Workmanship seems great (my mechano wanted to go loop it right after inspection, no hesitation!)

Very excited to fly it, although a bit nervous. I am getting used to the see nothing - fly everything approach. The one part I find a bit tough, is to puther down at 80mph. She stalls at 67mph, and since I am just getting to know her, I bring her down at 90 on final and flare at 80. I find it very fast (considering I just sold my 40mph stalling Skywagon).

My Skybolt has the 180hp.

It this 67mph stall speed normal or should I check for something wrong? I saw on the Steen AeroLab website numbers in the 50-55mph with a 200hp. But are these numbers realistics? Which ones are right?

Thanks for your help!

Yves

20080707_130721_0680534.jpg

Latest posts

Back