• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Starduster Too SA300 Valuation (UK)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithacb

Reaction score
Gentleman & Ladies,
This will be a very tricky (possible unanswerable) question, guestimate.
Does anybody have a handle on how one goes about valuing an aircraft? Namely a kit built starduster Too SA300 in the UK.
It was built in 2008, flown 30hrs, crashed in 2010, being rebuilt ever since.
io-360, CS prop, christen inverted oil system. Dual fuel tank, long(er) modded engine mount, gear rear of firewall. Dual ailerons, aerobatic mod on tail plane & elevator/rudder hinges.
The fuselage has been recovered, Eng shock loaded & conditioned. Prop examined & conditioned.
2 wings just need recovering, 2 wings need a little fixing (wing tips) & then recovering.
She is a good example.

Now knowing this little about the aircraft, what would all you guys value this aircraft if you were selling it? What I am trying to establish is a market value for a commodity that tracks no "average".
The other hard part to this is that I'm in the UK, where the number of examples are limited/rare & don't come to market often (Decades!?).

Now the Question, what is it worth..? How does one pick a reasonable figure?

For the purpose of transparency I am trying to buy said aircraft & am looking for a reasonable price. I feel that the owner who has put emotion & labour/build hours into the equation. Totally understandable but an object has an intrinsic value non the less.

Any thoughts...

a real headscratcher eh

Latest posts

Back