• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Summary of Jim Killough built Pitts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started a blog for N559B's rebuild (should it ever get underway :eek:), and added a post to summarize what I know about it's builder, Jim Killough (1918-1995), and several Pitts he built over the years.

http://pittss1sn599brebuild.blogspot.com/2017/01/jim-killough-and-his-pitts-airplanes.html

From the FAA registry, it looks like he first built an S-1D (unknown N number), and then at least six S-1S's. N12JK/N599B (mine) and N59DD together in 1973/74, N14JK in 1977, two in the late 70's/80's that no longer have N numbers, C-GPMN in 1979 owned by Dmitri on this board, and G-MAVK built in 1991 and recently exported to the UK. Both C-GPMN and G-MAVK have Grove gear.

If you knew him, or know more about the airplanes, please post so I can correct the info and/or add some color to his bio. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back