• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Tailwheel switch from Haigh to Steerable.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am finally getting around to switching over my Haigh (sp?) to an API Steerable tailwheel with my rod type stinger. A couple of questions.. (and please forgive me if it’s been answered before but I couldn’t find it anywhere), but what is the proper angle relationship should I have on my S1S (exp) for the tailwheel setup sitting on the ground? I have a new rod and I have to bend it to the proper angle and I’m not really sure what that is., I looked in the S1-S plans and didn’t see where it showed it. Second, What spring set up should I use for the springs and clips? Maule? Or try to get them from Aviat or Spruce? Does it matter? Thank you very much in advance!
Greg

Latest posts

Back