• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Tech Counselor Visit - Jerry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score
Just finished with a visit from Whitey Lance, a Tech Counselor from my local EAA Chapter, 216.

Had a great visit. He was here close to three hours.

Showed him everything I've been working on; wing ribs, rudder/brake pedals, tacked fuselage, vert/horz stabs, elevators,throttle quads, etc.

He loved my welding. Thought I did a real nice job with it. Loved the throttle quads too. Only thing he told me was to make sure I wire brush the weld area good before starting to weld.

He's rebuilt a lot of planes. Right now he owns two. Ones a Bellanca 14-13/19/Viking with a Ford V-6 in it. Has flown it for about 500 hours with no problems.

He's got a barn full of equipment too... lathes, bending brakes, mill, etc. Said any time I need to use/borrow anything I could. I think I'll take him up on the offer of the bending brake.

So... looks like I got a real good grade on my visit. Good to know a guy with that much experience is happy with what I'm doing.

Latest posts

Back