• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Terrorizing the Skies of Central New York

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I should introduce myself after lurking around the site for a couple of days. There is WAY more information than I can absorb! What a fabulous wealth of information.
My name is Dan Williams and I live in Liverpool, New York, a suburb of Syracuse. I'm a rather low time pilot, but I'm working on that. I've been scratch building RC models forever, so this plans building stuff should work out for me. I got my private ticket in '93 and flew for a couple of years, but never really worked out the comfort factor while flying because I didn't hit it hard enough to get past that. Eventually, I lost interest at the time and started flying RC helicopters. That sucked away all my money. I then built a couple of street rods basically from scratch. More money. I got re-inspired last year and got myself current again. I've flown quite a bit and am starting to get comfortable at the yoke. At the beginning of my training, I got about 5 hrs of Cub time, about 10 hrs of C170 time, passed my check-ride with a Tri-Pacer and then mostly C172 time up to now. Let's see if I remember ANY of my taildragger skills!
In '94, my second trip to Oshkosh, I bought a set of Acrosport 2 plans. I joined EAA but never really carried on with the idea of the build. Fast forward to today. I dusted off the plans and am ready to move forward. I have no idea what changes have come about since my plans were printed. That'll be my first task. But, my EAA chapter is fairly prolific with projects and a couple of the guys are in deep with teaching building skills at the various EAA academies, so I think I'll be in good hands. That's about it. I'm ready to build!

Dan

Latest posts

Back