• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Thoughts on this -C project?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taildragger

Reaction score
I would appreciate any and all comments on this project I ran across on Barnstormers. Some of you may know I've been debating getting a project plane for a while and am looking to learn anything I can about evaluating them. Who knows...maybe this is the one. :)

Looks kosher to me...but I want to know where I'm wrong.

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_928518_Pitts+S-1C+Wants+to+fly.html

PITTS S-1C WANTS TO FLY • $6,995 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE • S-1C Long Fuse with Strap hinges on tail and bottom elevator wires, Spring Gear, Hage tailwheel, Has Valid A/w AND Current Registration.Your choice of wings Orig Style Or set With WOLF STYLE TIPS, full span ailerons, wires and I-struts. New Nosebowl and wheel pants, Toe Brakes , New Grove wheels and calipers.Dynafocal engine mount.Some Instruments. Factory Canopy.Steen Plans and more.Lyc 0-320e2d core also available for 2,500 No time to finish.Will consider trade for nice flying Elsa.Thanks!!!! • Contact Stuart N. Reynolds, Owner - located Petersburg, VA USA • Telephone: 804-920-3735 . • Posted August 17, 2014

pitts1.jpg

pitts2.jpg

pitts3.jpg

pitts4.jpg

pitts5.jpg

Latest posts

Back