• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

TIG Welding help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bosley

Reaction score

Hey guys. I got my TIG welder last week and started practicing my welding skills. I have no prior welding experience. It seems to be going okay. My biggest problem so far is knowing how much heat is enough. I'm not burning holes, but I am getting a little bubbling on the backside of the metal. Is that a bad thing? I also find myself starting and stopping quite a bit to move my hands. So far tack welding seems much harder than a bead. I have run a few joints and then tried to break them apart and
haven't had any success, so I think I'm in the ballpark. I'm posting a
pic of a joint I ran tonight so you guys that have been doing this can
give me an idea of what I'm doing wrong/right... I've been welding for 3
days now, so be gentle!! I appreciate the help!!

Kevin
20110223_164347_photo.jpg

Edited by: Bosley

Latest posts

Back