• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Tig Welding tips and tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VH-FKS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve just got a new tig welder to play with in anticipation of starting on my Pitts fuselage. My setup is as follows:
Unimig razor 200dc pulse welder
#9 flex head torch with gas lens
1.6mm tungsten
Foot pedal
Yet to pick up gas and a flow meter these are still to come. Got a hold of a nice quality helmet and gloves as well for safety.

There doesn’t seem to be much on the forum covering TIG settings and consumables. A big help has been Jody’s welding tips and tricks page as well as his channel on YouTube, also mr tigs YouTube channel and pithybikes - bike frames are fairly similar so much the same for welding.

With filler rod how many use er70s-2 compared to er80s-d2? Jody recommends the 70 where as Mr. Tig recommends 80 I think Miller and Lincoln also disagree. I’d love to see what people are using on their projects! Also how everyone is notching tube. I’m planning on using a hole saw mother for larger tubes and doing smaller tubes by hand/Dremel using the online template maker.
Cheers,
Sam

Latest posts

Back