• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Tiger stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

death trap

Reaction score
Shooting some Poly-Tone Santa Fe Red . I’ve used the Poly System from step 1 . Follow the manual I shot 1 coat of White over the Poly Spray Silver , then top coated over the white . First Color came out perfect ( Glacier White ) covered in 2 full coats . When I shot the Santa Fe Red I noticed “Stripes “ so I crossed the second coat 90°, same for the third then a fourth coat ….. still see faint stripes . I’m considering trying a grey or silver base on the next parts before the red .
Thoughts ???
465BD36E-DC5C-4357-B521-82623D85B6F9.jpeg
77F80A20-8F57-401D-8D3F-3D7FC47893DD.jpeg
544E6210-FC8C-4029-BEFF-12DFDBB1A2A5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back