• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Tinkerbell Pictures and Stewart Systems trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooter

Registered Users
Reaction score
Well the new tip is installed on the lower wing, and the aileron tip is reworked to match. I made plenty of patterns so the rest of the tips will go much faster.
Tommy and I picked up a Toot in Seattle and trucked it home a couple of weeks ago. While we in the area we stopped by Stewart Systems in Cashmere WA. Dan took us on a tour of his facility, and showed us several of the projects that were done during the filming of the DVD set and U tube videos. He spent over an hour explaining the system and answered any and all questions I had.
It was below freezing, and I watched him slam his fist into a shinny fabric wing of a hangared planethat was five or six years old, and no cracks.
I am completely sold on this process and bought everthing I needed up to the final finish. I have not decided on colors yet, but will soon. Thanks to Dan and Margie for their hospitality.

20090314_221954_ailer&

20090314_222157_ailer&

20090314_222243_New_tip_lower_c.jpg

20090314_222318_new_tip_upper_c.jpg

20090314_222423_bow_end_view.jpg

Latest posts

Back