• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

true costs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recursian

Reaction score
I apologize for the blunt question of costs. I grew up next to an airport (Dekalb Peachtree, Atlanta GA), and have always wanted to fly. My friends and I even snuck over the barbed wire fence onto the airport property to get closer views of the planes in operation. As a child I built static models, followed by line control planes, followed by radio control. I was always only interested in aerobatics, as I have always been a thrill seeker. In the mid 90s I competed in radio control aerobatics competition. On the day the space shuttle Challenger exploded, I flew in an open cockpit Marquart Charger that I had watched fly for years at he airport. Of course, I'll never forget that day. I am certain that full scale flying would have to ultimately lead to aerobatics for me to be satisfied. I have researched and decided that the Skybolt is the plane for me. My question for you is, what is the real true cost of building and owning a Skybolt? Again, I apologize for the blunt question, but I don't have a lot of money. I sincerely do believe however, that there is a way that I can one day live my dream.
Thank you,
Chris

Latest posts

Back