• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Unexplained Things You Have Seen, or Experienced?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Since so many of us have been spending a lot more time at home, I thought this post might be interesting? As to what others have seen in the sky? Primarily when flying, but also when ground bound in the way of UFOs?

I was chatting with my airline pilot buddy the other day and asked him if he had ever seen anything unusual or unexplained? He said he has seen two different anomalies and one just recently.

The first and was some time ago I do not remember where it happened, he described what looked like a big blanket that was on fire and falling and shedding debris as it fell starting from a fairly high altitude and seemed to tumble and waffle around like a blanket would. It must have been quite large because he was some distance away. Others saw it to he was not the only one and there was no kind of news report or plane crash, reported? About the only thing I could think of that I had seen that fit this was during the first WWI was an observation balloon that had been set on fire?

The other and just recently on his way in to Colorado Springs in a regional jet the weather was clear but they had left the weather radar on and it was painting some sort of clear air phenomenon between them and the airport the radar on the airport was painting the same thing? They asked what it was and no one seemed to know? The tower said to let them know what it was? They flew through it and it was quiite turbulent for several seconds, and once through it was gone! They were asked what it was? The two pilots looked st each other not sure what to say "Don't know"... Dave

Latest posts

Back