• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Unique S1S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
I bought this gorgeous S1S from the builder, Kim Kovach, about 8 years ago.Kim is one of those really interesting people that is a craftsman and loves to fly. One of his projects was the build of a replica Ike Racer, that I think may be in Kermit Weeks collection? The Pitts only had about 100 hours of pattern time. It was winter in Michigan and it had not been flown in years, so we removed the wings and I took it up to Doug Dodge to do a few minor mods before the spring. While in his shop another acquaintance that I used to do competition with fell in love with it so I sold it to him for what I had in it (I already had an S2 and he was without plane, so I sent it his way). He ended up with a lifestyle change and sold it without ever flying it. In retrospect I kick myself for selling it. It had swept lower wings. Wings were wood skinned. Engine was modified angle valve 360 with all the goodies. I'm not sure about its status now. Interesting bird!

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back