• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Update on My BGL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopher

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, I was just reminded that I hadn't posted anything on mine in a while... Sorry, There hasn't been much to report. I have been trying to recoup from buying the engine and found that I was missing pages from the plans. I called ACS to order a new set and they informed me I was out of luck, they were missing a page :eek: and couldn't sell plans at the moment. Apparently some pages had been lost between the printer and ACS. They had located all but one page, luckily I had that page! :D Now ACS has the plans again and I have a full set again. WOOHOO! Then I decided to get to work on anything for my bipe that I could physically touch, and after some pondering, decided I want to be able to roll it around. The first thing I needed for that was wheel pants... right? :rolleyes: Well I posted an article on my progress so far on those ( The Stearman Circling town was a nice motivator! :) ), and have gotten farther with them since. That'll be the next article. I also have been Digging through my scrap pile looking for suitable fuel pumps to dissect for cutaway pics. Well, anyway I plan on mounting the tires/tubes tonight. Then, because there are three ways to do them drag/anti-drag wires I am going to do some research to decide which way I want them. I still haven't gotten the use of a tig welder, so the fuse and other parts are still in a holding pattern, but at least I am still plugging away! :cool: I had to put a fuel pump in my Lincoln last weekend and have to rebuild the entire front end ( CV axles, wheel bearings, ball joints, bushings, brakes, etc ) this weekend so that kinda hurts, but I can do it better and cheaper ( total cost on the new in tank fuel pump was $30.00 and elbow grease. Estimates ran from $250 - $450 ). Now Ya'll Know the latest. Check out the article and keep pluggin' along. :cool: BTW I haven't gotten to fly now for well over a year... Any open seats? :eek: Please! :eek::eek: Maybe even Smizo's Wing Walker??? :D Best Wishes!

Latest posts

Back