• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Video - I Bought an S1S and Flew it Across the Country!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Hi guys,

I've been a member on here for some time, but I never actually posted anything. However last summer I went to North Carolina and bought my first airplane, an S1S! I opted to personally fly it back home to California, and make a video about the trip. If you want to check that out, feel free to click on the link. However I was looking to get some general info/answers/tips...

-Does anybody know this airplane? N678S Pitts S1S out of KTTA (I believe there is a gentleman on here by the name of Eric who used to hangar his airplane in the same building. I don't think he flies anymore, but if anyone knows this airplane it would be a cool thing to share).

-I'm a brand new aircraft owner, and any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. Anything from generic oil changes, to Pitts specific quirks to look out for.

-Does anyone use an app/software to remind themselves of maintenance, oil changes, and parachute re-pack due dates? Or is that just something you keep track of in your head?

-Has anybody flown an aerobatic airplane coast to coast? What route did you take? Any similar stories? What did you do different?

-If you do watch the video... I would really appreciate any feedback about the video and/or the flying. Please note that I cut all of the "boring" stuff to keep it interesting to the general public.

And please be easy on me ;) I don't know what I don't know, so I'm just busy learning as much as I can.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back