• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Weight & Balance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubleduck

Reaction score

I am trying to make a propeller selection for my AcroSport 1. I am aware that the prototype that Paul P. built had a forward CG of like around 58" instead of the required 60-66" range. I also have indications that the "super" builds may reduce the firewall to rear face of case bimension from 11" to 8.5" probably, again, for weight and balance issue(s). I will be using an O320H2AD, 11" from firewall and locating an Odessey battery and Amsoil Pre-Lube pump on the firewall. I am considering a wood prop only because of the 12 pound weight vs. the 24 pounds for metal. I am also looking at a Catto for this application. I want to fly this as a LSA so I would not want to add additional weight to the tail to "adjust" CG as this would impact stall speed which I think is a critical factor. Could anybody help me understand these issues better so I can make the best choice possible?
If the Acro 1 builders would respond with where there empty CG came in andwhat engine that would be helpful.
Thanks!Edited by: Stubleduck

Latest posts

Back